Pan Card Aadhaar Card Link Status Online, Last Date, Documents, How to Check Aadhaar Card Pan Card Link Status Online, BY SMS, App
You must now link your PAN Card to your Aadhaar to use several services, like filing your income tax returns. The deadline for linking PAN and Aadhaar together is March 31, 2023, according to a recent government notification. The previous cutoff date was March 31, 2022. However, penalties would be applied if the PAN and Aadhaar are linked after March 31, 2022. The penalty is Rs 500 if the connecting is finished between April 1, 2022, and June 30, 2022. The fine is Rs 1,000 if the connecting is finished between July 1, 2022, and March 31, 2023.
You can check the Pan Aadhaar Link Status both online and offline if your PAN and Aadhaar are already linked. Read below to check the steps to Check the Pan Aadhaar Link Status through the Portal, through the SMS, the Importance of linking PAN and Aadhaar, and much more.
About Pan Aadhaar Link Status
If your Aadhaar number and Permanent Account Number (PAN) are not connected by March 31, 2023, your PAN will become invalid from April 1. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar several times. Users were permitted to integrate their PAN with their Aadhaar for free until March 31, 2022. However, those who neglected to do so were permitted to link their PAN and Aadhaar after paying a late fee of Rs 500 until June 30, 2022. There are now two ways for taxpayers to link their PAN with their Aadhaar:
- Through the Income Tax e-filing Portal
- By sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161
Pan Card Aadhaar Card Link Status Highlights
|Name||Pan Aadhaar Link|
|Objective||To check the status of the Pan Aadhaar Link|
|Deadline for Pan Aadhaar Link||March 31, 2023,|
How to Check Pan Card Aadhaar Card Link Status Online
To check the Pan Aadhaar Link Status through the Portal, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the income tax e-filing website
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Link Aadhaar Status tab
- A new page will open on the screen
- Now, enter your PAN number and your Aadhaar Number
- After that, click on the View Link Aadhaar Status button and the status will open on the screen
Steps to Check the Pan Aadhaar Link Status through the SMS
To check the Pan Aadhaar Link Status through the SMS, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, send the below-given SMS 567678 or 56161
- 12 digit Aadhaar number> 10 digit Permanent Account Number> UIDPAN
- If the connection is successful, the message “Aadhaar…is already associated with PAN (number) in ITD database” will appear on the screen. We appreciate you using our services.
- The page will state, Aadhaar…is already associated with PAN (number) in the ITD database, if the Aadhaar and PAN are not connected.
Importance of linking PAN and Aadhaar
PAN is required of every tax-paying resident. You must include a note about it in your tax filings. Following are a few uses for the PAN number:
- To pay direct taxes
- To submit tax returns
- To avoid collecting more tax than is necessary
- To engage in a certain transaction, such as:
- Immovable property worth at least Rs. 5 lakhs is sold or purchased.
- other than two-wheeled vehicle sales or purchases
- Payment in cash of more than Rs. 25,000 in connection with international travel
- A one-time payment to hotels or restaurants of more than Rs 25,000
- payment of Rs 50,000 or more to a business or organization for the purchase of bonds or debentures
- payment of at least Rs 50,000 to the Reserve Bank of India to purchase bonds
- payment of at least Rs 50,000 to a corporation to purchase shares
- Any mutual fund acquisition
- More than Rs 5 lakh is paid for the acquisition of bullion and jewelry.
- More than Rs 50,000 must be deposited in 24 hours at one banking institution.